NeedCapital.AI is the world’s first, artificially intelligent fundraising platform.
Designed with transparency, efficiency and budget in-mind, the NeedCapital.AI engine works to match-and-connect, qualified investors directly with their ideal investment opportunities. Your opportunities.
80% of business fail within their first 3 years of operation. Those who raise Series A funding spend an average of $400,000 over the course of 3 years. Fundraising is a full-time job. It can be a very challenging process to manage while also running a business–especially if starting a business with an inexperienced team.
On the other side of the equation, successful investors receive countless investment pitches and proposals on a daily basis. They know that having access to the best deals is all about “who you know…and trust”. It’s no secret that referrals to investments from reputable relationships place top-priority, receiving their most time and consideration.
With over 25,000 investment firms (i.e.: Venture Capital, Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Family Offices) and 6,000 angel investors on the platform behind NeedCapital.AI, over 3 billion dollars in deal flow has been generated, to-date.
NeedCapital.AI was developed to break the fundraising code.
Founded by serial entrepreneurs, Lindsey Nagy, Karl Schlegel and Tim Duffy, the partners have invested in many ventures over the span of nearly two decades, throughout America, China, Africa, The Philippines, England and United Arab Emirates.
Through their consultancies, NAGY VENTURES, Renovatio Global, and Duffy Leadership, Inc., they have advised or coached approximately 600 entrepreneurs, as well as Fortune 500 clients, on how to manage and grow effectively by reducing risk and increasing revenue, capital and valuation. By implementing technology and strategic-partnerships, they have facilitated over 24-million-dollars in corporate philanthropy and coordinated over one-billion-dollars within venture capital and private equity. By serving on various leadership teams and boards of directors, the partners have helped companies and nonprofits startup and scale.
Avid networkers, Karl, Lindsey and Tim have worked alongside angel investors creating businesses in a variety of sectors, including but not limited to: financial services, technology, energy, media and entertainment, defense, healthcare and education.
After years of raising capital while building and managing companies, the partners have proven that the speed and cost of fundraising is greatly improved when leveraging professional experience and technology.
WHO WE ARE
Lindsey S. Nagy
Lindsey is the serial entrepreneur who literally created a profitable lemonade stand as a child. A startup-advisor and venture capitalist, Lindsey has built a portfolio of innovative companies since 2004 with NAGY VENTURES. He has helped launch and scale technologies acquired by the Fortune 500. He has delivered niche financial solutions worth hundreds-of-millions to CEOs of Fortune 100 investment banks and owners of hedge funds. In addition to co-founding NeedCapital.AI, Lindsey is Founder and CEO of Eco-Enterprise, Inc. which drives sustainability for businesses, nonprofits and governments while saving them money. Lindsey is also co-founder of Eco-System, Inc. (“eco-system“)–a cloud-based IIOT SaaS for smart city and building automation.
- Awarded Smart City Innovation by C.C.C.C. for Blockchain/AI-based startup using autonomous drones to monitor Oil/Gas wells: EyeFly/SkyRig ($250K Angel Term Sheet, 2018)
- Launched cross-border accelerator between US startups and Chinese corporations–investing in science/technology: Accathon Capital (2018)
- Helped scale global ESCO offering affordable renewable energy: Crius Energy Trust (P.E. Acquisition, ’13-19)
- Procured Ghanaian investment bank for $97M Waste-to-Energy project: Green Worldwide (’13-17)
- Helped CEA launch Eureka Park to showcase startups at CES (2012)
- Supported TechCrunch Disrupt-NYC launch with Udemy (2010)
- Partnered World Series of Poker Champs for Warby Parker launch (2010)
- Funded Landshark (VC) for StartupWeekend-NYC launch (2010)
- Co-founded social media agency in ’09: Social Help Online (2013 Exit)
- Built 1st voice-based biometric payment processor: YadaPay ($8M Angel Raise, Patent to AT&T, ‘08-11)
- Early-investor in various mobile apps (Blackberry/iOS/Android, 2007+)
- Honored by Keith Ferrazzi at launch of bestselling book on networking: Never Eat Alone (2007)
- Co-Owner, 1st online poker school with WSOP Bracelet Winners (2005)
- Procured ultra-high-net-worth clients for: The Family Wealth Institute, Summit Financial Resources, Wealth Shield Financial, The LTC Partnership, private hedge funds and VC firms. (2004+)
- Coordinated enterprise tech solutions for Entology (PwC Acquisition)
- Corporate Sponsorships for Far Hills Race Meeting (Jet-Team Flyover at Opening Ceremonies, Private Yacht/Aviation, 2009+)
- Board Advisor, Discovery Times Square Foundation (2012)
- Board Advisor, Give Your Sole, 501c3 (2009)
- Member, Institute for Sustainable Enterprise, FDU (2008)
- Member, Knights of Columbus
- B.A.: Roanoke College
- Entrepreneurial Studies: American Intercontinental University-London
- The Hill School
Karl G. Schlegel, III
As Co-Founder of NeedCapial.AI, Karl brings over 16 years of experience working with C-Level executives to overcome key challenges and bring innovation to market. Within the last two years, Karl saw a successful acquisition of the document digitization IP in which he co-founded. Karl also led a media company from launch to the Inc. 500 as Chairman in 2015. While holding positions within venture capital and family offices, Karl has advised projects across a multi-billion-dollar portfolio. Karl began his career in financial services and technology.
- Investor and advisor at various
- 2 companies M&A rollup in cybersecurity / managed services (100M+ revenue)
- Enabled collection of $15 million in 1 year for non-profits
- Restructured 60-year-old military and government aviation supply company
- Served on Federal Reserve Secure Payments Task Force in 2017
- Consultant to former Director of White House all-intel program / tech strategy for US
- Board Member, Global Women in Tech Awards
- B.A.: Rutgers College, Magna Cum Laude
Timothy (Tim) Paul Duffy
Tim Duffy has spent the last twenty years developing the next generation of leaders to serve America, let alone humanity and the planet. Tim’s work proves that possessing a disciplined and localized focus, within any organization, warrants growth and global impact.
For 12 years, Tim helped The National Society of Leadership and Success to create the largest collegiate leadership organization in the United States with over 600 Chapters and 1 million+ members.
Having successfully managed over 40 employees and 500 interns, Tim is known for practicing what he preaches about goal-setting and taking action with high-integrity; he routinely breaks company sales and account management records.
In 2012, he created Duffy Leadership, Inc., serving as an executive coach and helping others to transform their personal and professional lives.
In 2020, Tim became Vice President of Eco-Enterprise, Inc. where he helps organizations save money and drive sustainability with cutting-edge technology and unique financial solutions. As a result, Eco-Enterprise, Inc. adopted NeedCapital.AI (a very unique financial solution!) in 2021 and Tim became Chief Operating Officer of the company.
- Trained Account Managers and coached Sales Managers to break company records — at various
- Created and executed comprehensive training program for Account Management division (26 global managers supporting 4,700 volunteers) resulting in a 10% increase in performance — at NSLS
- Achieved highest account retention goal in the history of the company in 2018 (95%); then personally surpassing that goal in spring 2019 (96%)
- Managed 41 leadership conferences for 8 years; trained remote staff and executive board members to grow their organizations
- Head Coach, Self-Expression and Leadership Program — Landmark (2017)
- In 2021, Tim also created “Electus Society,” an organization whose mission is to help elected leaders increase their power and influence to serve others
- B.S., Environmental Science w/ Business Minor, Queens College, CUNY
Anything can be accomplished…
momentum occurs at the intersection of trust
and a proven system.